How to get to Gold Rate - Thelastsoloist

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to get to Gold Rate - Thelastsoloist

Post by TheLastSoloist on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey guys,
I'm gold rated 1500+ on NA server, feel free to look me up - TheLastSoloist
Happy to give advice/tutoring to anyone wanting to get their Elo up to gold.
Just give me an add Smile
I main Mids, but I've also played every other role.

Thanks

TheLastSoloist
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Name : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to get to Gold Rate - Thelastsoloist

Post by Hasterhonburroth on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey, I usually end up with trolls and people who seem as if they don't deserve to queue in Ranked games, wondering if it is better to stick with Solo queue or try and find someone to do Duo queue, either way I end up with like: 1 game win, the next a loss and my ELO doesn't change...

cheers.

EDIT: end up playing - Top/Jungle/Support (basically my mains).
Hasterhonburroth

Name : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSoloist on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Well, the trolls and less desirables have been a common complaint for many Ranked players.
Honestly, there is no one solution to this problem, but duo queue is definitely a good way to drastically improving your chances of winning games, especially if both of you have:
1) Experience playing with each other
2) Communication - Skype, Ventrilo, etc

Picking champions that snowball well and getting your duo queue partner to help that process is extremely effective. For example, in my personal experience, a gank heavy jungler and high damage mid.
Of course, even with that, some games are just un-winnable.

Regards and goodluck,
TheLastsoloist

TheLastSoloist
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

TheLastSoloist wrote:Hey, thanks for the reply.
Well, the trolls and less desirables have been a common complaint for many Ranked players.
Honestly, there is no one solution to this problem, but duo queue is definitely a good way to drastically improving your chances of winning games, especially if both of you have:

Picking champions that snowball well and getting your duo queue partner to help that process is extremely effective. For example, in my personal experience, a gank heavy jungler and high damage mid.

Regards and goodluck,
TheLastsoloist

just to add to this, a good snowball would be something like top/jungler. play a champion who can also jungle, have your jungler gank top a few times to get you ahead then keep the lane pushed to their tower and gank mid. this will snowball mid while your jungler can gank bottom. As an example, go leed singa top, he has great sustain and harass and he can gank really well.
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Name : Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSoloist on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:21 am

Aaronkiwi wrote:
TheLastSoloist wrote:Hey, thanks for the reply.

Regards and goodluck,
TheLastsoloist

just to add to this, a good snowball would be something like top/jungler. play a champion who can also jungle, have your jungler gank top a few times to get you ahead then keep the lane pushed to their tower and gank mid. this will snowball mid while your jungler can gank bottom. As an example, go leed singa top, he has great sustain and harass and he can gank really well.

Good points here too

TheLastSoloist
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xcrossbone on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:33 am

Interesting to note some discussion in PhantomL0rd's IRC:

Someone asked "What is the key to playing ranked?"
Another replied "Getting plenty of runes, learning all the roles and counter picks and owning a large selection of champions."

PhantomL0rd commented on this on stream and said that this outlook was rubbish. Instead you should just play normals until you find a champion you really love to play and then just get on ranked and try to play that champ as much as possible.

Now I'm not sure if I agree with either of those methods, but certainly honing your skills at a small number of champions seems to get people up there.

xcrossbone

Name : Gold Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinePwnGod on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:44 pm

I would really like any help that you can give but only as much as you are willing, it is your free time. The roles that I play are usually mid or top then it would be adc then support then jungle. I recently bought ahri, shes quite fun and so mobile.
DivinePwnGod
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Name : James Scott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:43 am

Hey Divinepwn,
I don't Know if solo is still part or AuV2, he wrote a thread saying he was leaving while we were dead, and he has only poked his head in here once or twice since. I'll send him a message in client to see whats up. otherwise Just say your favorite champions and i'll try to get some people in here who Play those champions alot.
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Name : Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinePwnGod on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 am

Aaronkiwi wrote:Hey Divinepwn,
I don't Know if solo is still part or AuV2, he wrote a thread saying he was leaving while we were dead, and he has only poked his head in here once or twice since. I'll send him a message in client to see whats up. otherwise Just say your favorite champions and i'll try to get some people in here who Play those champions alot.

Oh, ok. I'll watch this thread for a reply, but I will try to add you some time. Favorite champions though, I don't really have any favorites but my sort of go to champs is champs like, riven, gragas, nami, sivir, caitlyn, twisted fate (rare because countered easily), dr mundo if I jungle and scorpion (shen) but he is usually banned.
DivinePwnGod
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Name : James Scott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:58 am

I can give you help with sivir or cait easily

tf I can assist you with somewhat ( alot if you want ad tf )
Jason
Admin
Admin

Name : Jason

View user profile http://www.auv2.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trafalgar on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 am

Hey Blee, i need help on eloz Very Happy
After the season 2 reset i got up to the 1450s during my placements matches but since fell all the way to 1150. Climbed back up to 1270 as of now, but can't seem to get out of the deathtrap of trolls/leavers/toxic players.

Aaronkiwi wrote:Hey Divinepwn,

Um, he's currently on holidays overseas.

Trafalgar

Name : Sydney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top