Bottom lane guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bottom lane guide

Post by Aaronkiwi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi i'm aaronkiwi, my favourite role is support (i get less mad in solo que) and my ign is AuV2 Aaronkiwi

i’m just going to write a small guide about some useful advice in bottom lane that i learned playing and watching streams

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the current meta, bottom lane is played with 1 AD carry, and 1 Support. this is because it provides greater dragon control early on in the game.

To check out current solo que champion tiers, visit reign of gaming, writing by elements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When and why to push

In every lane there are minions and your motto should be, gotta kill em all. a good score to have is 80-100 per 10 minutes of play. ideally you want to freeze your lane just before your tower making it hard for the jungler to gank, but not letting your tower take the minions.
To freeze the lane, make sure that there wave has 3 caster minions from the previous wave, you can do this by letting your wave die, killing the melees then tanking the casters till your wave shows up, their wave will come soon and just last hit.
If you lane opponent goes back, push your lane, you want to get your minions under their tower so they lose EXP and farm. then go back yourself, no point in having 1000 more gold if they have better items. this is where the support should be autoing the minions.
if you get pushed to the lane, don’t fret. melee minions take 2 tower hits then 1 AA; casters take 2 AA and a tower hit. either have your support AA them all once, or do it yourself. be careful when your minions are there, the make it a lot harder to farm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so your jungler is coming

Be kind to your jungler, they are people too. try to keep track of your opponent’s wards, if the support disappears, look at their items and see if the wards change when they get back.
Jungler can’t gank because it is ward. nonsense, there are 4 ways for him to gank. through the river, through the tri-bush (comes from behind dragon pit), though the lane, and behind the enemy tower (most risky, only certain champs can... IE: alister)
if they are coming through the river or tri-bush, don’t go super aggressive. stay as you have been all game and only go when your opponents can see the jungler. if your lane is warded, tell your jungler to lane gank. push slightly so he can get into the side bushes without your opponents seeing. If they want to come from behind push the minions into the turret so your jungler doesn't have to tank till he hits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harassment

Harass your opponents when you can, but be very careful of minions at low levels. Supports, land your AA's if you are ranged and help your carry win its trades.

Dragon

TIME THIS GUY>>>>> 6 Minute timer

if the enemy jungler is dead, go for dragon, push your lane and get it, make sure your jungler has smite. If you see the enemy jungler top, get dragon. If your jungler is top, make sure dragon is warded WITH A PINK WARD and try to harass then opponents if they go for it

Starting items

If you have a high healing support, Get dorans, if you do not boots and 3 pots. While it may be tempting to get life steal, it will only work sometimes as you need to push your lane to heal

Ad carry

the AD carry is played bottom because it is the most influential champion late game, and if protected can win the game for you. I will list some ADC's and what you goal is.

Graves
Due to graves high burst you should be harassing your opponent hard. E, Q then auto as you back away is a basic combo.
you will want to be very aggressive as graves making it hard for your opponent to farm.
Play graves with Supports like Taric and alister, wait for the cc then point blank buckshot and leave
At lv 6, if you haven't already look for a kill, Q+R give so much burst that you will surprise you opponents.

Urgot

Poke, Poke, Poke, Poke. you’re a bully, you need to hit your E's and land your Q's. be careful when you vs. champions like graves that can dodge easily with a dash. If you ward up good you should be able to push into the enemy's turret making them loose farm, as you can easily harass them still. Play with champions who have CC like Taric, or play with Soraka.

Kogmaw, Vayne, Tristana

You guys are hyper carry’s your goal is to beat your opponent in farm and get penta kills. Freeze your lane and watch out for hard pokers like Graves/Urgot.
With Kogmaw, when you get 6 poke with your R only when it is not stacked, and harass with your W whenever you can.
With Vayne, you have a strong lv 2 (Q, E) if you can E them into a wall, do it and harass. At 6 go for kills if it is safe
With Tristana, you have a good escape and a mega steroid, make sure you practise farming with your splash damage E
Play these champs with Good sustains. IE: Soraka, Sona. You can play vayne with good CC champs like Alister. Kogmaw and Tristana also work well with Nunu and his blood boil.

Corki

A great champion overall, he has an escape, W, good poke pre 6, Q, and even better post 6, R, and an armour shred, E.
You will want to harass you opponent with Q and E a lot, as well as auto attacks. You have good pushing power so when you hit 6, ward and push their turret and harass with R. I don’t play Corki so i’m not sure what are the best supports for him

Ashe

You pick Ashe if you want good CC, pre 6 try to get into the bush and make use of your passive (without missing last hits). Volley has some of the best poke in the game so use it often. Her E is a noobtrap get it early if they have a ganking jungler but max it last, her CC is too valuable. When you hit 6 look for chances to use your ult and get kills. I don’t play Ashe so i’m not sure what are the best supports for him

Sivir

She was the burst master before Graves and in my opinion still is Pre 6. Q, AA, W, AA takes off SOOOOOO much HP. With her E she can survive other peoples burst when timed right (sorry, but 200 ping doesn't help) and her ult provides great utility, both offensive and defensive. Sivir is great played with champions like taric, who can stun for a full combo.

Ezreal

He is Mr Skillshot, when playing him make sure you poke whenever you can, he is another one of those champs who can push to the tower and poke safely, But only when warded. DO NOT underestimate his W, it is not used for damage as AD Ezreal, it is used for the AS reduction. Play ezreal with champions like Soraka so you can poke all day long

Miss Fortune

Slu... i mean a very good Laner with her massive distractions... i mean poke. Sorry I’m getting distracted. Practise her Q and know its bounce range, it can be great poke when you know what you are doing. Her E is nice harass and a helpful slow, but her W is why you pick her, use her VS high healing supports. Once again i don’t play this champion, so i can’t tell you who to lane with her.

Caitlyn

Caitlyn has some nice harass. At 650 range she can AA without drawing aggro or allowing her opponent to react. She has a nice escape, but it does have a long animation. Her ult is useful in lane but not the best in team fights. Play her with good CC champs so she can land her Q

Unfortunately i have never played draven or varus, so i will leave it up to you guys to add any info about them. Also feel free to add champions that are not common ADC's

Supports

This is going to be much simpler then the ADC one, i will give a basic job detail and then some quick pointers for each Common support

Your job is to keep your ADC alive, and ward. Get yourself some GP10 items for income as you will not be farming. Learn how to ward (i have another guide on here with a quick link to a GREAT warding guide). Push your lane when your opponents back so you can go B as well.

Alistar
Heal often, Q into W to get move their ADC, W into Q (FAST) for a free malphite ult . At 6 use your ult to tank turret when needed.

Soraka
Dont be the Soraka who crys cause support is boring, Use your E to harrass, if they have a high CC support, Save it so they cant CC. THROW BANANAS, your harrass is very helpful

Leona
Kill lane, you have 3 stuns and a mega steroid. Dont just use all your abilites at once, utilise your passive.

Taric
Simple explanation here, STUN, ULT, SHATTER, REPEAT. just be careful as you are melee

Janna
Shield when the time is right (once again 200 ping :/) knock up/slow your opponents. Becareful ulting, you may save you opponent

Blitzcrank
Hit your hooks, knock em up. Play mid games with your opponents, for your first pull aim right at them and see how they duke, use this to your advantage. dont ult when fight 1v1,2v2 the passive deals more damage

Nunu
My faviorite support right now. Forever bloodboil your ADC, reduce your opponents MS and AS with your E. When you ult, use it for the massive slow, not the damage.

Lux
Hit your skillshots simple, make sure you land AA's after each ability. Be careful with lux support, she is very good at getting kills from your carry.

Lulu
TASTE THE PURPLE, Lulu is a very aggresive support, you can max ANY of your skills first. Make sure to shield your ADC and give then movement when needed. Buy bittersweet so you can turn them into cupcakes. Use your E onto a minion so you can land your Q at a LARGE range. Dont ult at the start of a fight, ult when you see the time is right

Sona
Q,W,E,Q,W,E oh i miss old sona. Anyway, ask your ADC if they want to be aggresive or passive and level Q or W respectivly, Get e early so you can chase. Learn when to ult, dont waste it on 1 person when the other 4 are coming.

Well there is my small guide, I haven't gone into detail on each champion but i would recomment going to LOLPRO to for some high quality guides. I know its not the best guide in the world and it has a few mistakes, but i hope it helps you get better

*** oh forgot about kill lanes. If you see lanes with Jarvan, Leona, Pantheon, Alister etc., be very care because they will get lv 2 before you, and you will DIE
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Name : Aaron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bottom lane guide

Post by TheLastSoloist on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Very nice guide!
Do you play ranked often?

TheLastSoloist
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Name : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:52 pm

@TheLastSoloist wrote:Very nice guide!

thanks, only took me 1 1/2 hours

i've only played 18 match so far but i am playing it a bit more now

i know alot of this because when im at my parents house, between 7 and 11 my internet gets really unstable, i can go from 230 to 5000 ping quickly. So i watch the streams quite a bit and see what they do when they win, and do when they die
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSoloist on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:56 pm

@Aaronkiwi wrote:

No problem, you know most of your ADs very well.
You can give me an add if you want, maybe duo sometime if you so wish haha.

TheLastSoloist
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Name : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm

@TheLastSoloist wrote:
@Aaronkiwi wrote:

No problem, you know most of your ADs very well.
You can give me an add if you want, maybe duo sometime if you so wish haha.

haha yeah, i actually am better at ADC then support, but no one ever know what to do as support so i play it. i also get less angry when im support haha
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 pm

alot more thorough than I expected, nice job!
Jason
Admin
Admin

Name : Jason

View user profile http://www.auv2.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Jason the Timid wrote:alot more thorough than I expected, nice job!

Haha thanks, alot more thorough then i exepected when i started, then 1/2hrs went buy so quickly
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginbrah on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I like it a lot!
no one ever seems to time dragon/baron
Ginbrah
Donator
Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 pm

@Ginbrah wrote:I like it a lot!
no one ever seems to time dragon/baron

haha yeah, i'd put time buffs in, but at our level of play the jungler does it not the support
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronkiwi on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:05 am

Ok i am going to add this in as it is a more indepth guide on The ad carrys strenghts and weeknesses

http://www.team-dignitas.net/articles/blogs/League-of-Legends/1766/The-secrets-of-life-the-universe-and-bot-lane-Part-1/
Aaronkiwi
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aslan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 am

Post lane synergies as well.

My favorite KOGMAW AND LEONA :p Why? W proc Passive and a large chunk of health is gone.

Another is Ali/Vayne

Janna/Taric - YES. AD JANNANANANANANANA.

Aslan
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scripted Horizon on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Great job man!

Cheers,
Birth name:               Brodie
League of Legends:    Scripted Horizon
Minecraft:.                Scripted Horizon (sunbin10)
Scripted Horizon
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Name : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimmWullf on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:25 am

Hey I am probably gonna necro this thread but it was a great read for someone like myself who plays alot of support.
I also loved the ward guide, only being new the game myself it was a great reference point and learning material for me to understand my role better.
I cant wait to get in some games with you guys Very Happy
GrimmWullf
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Name : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DJGMT on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am

Great guide Kiwi! its good to have someone who knows their sh*t (pardon the french) and can be a help to other members.
Most Proudly Approved, DJ Smile

Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Name : Sydney, AUS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top